About genuine iPhone displays
iPhone displays have been designed, tested, and manufactured for Apple quality and performance standards. This includes intuitive and responsive Multi-Touch, high brightness, great color accuracy, white balance, and performance for features like True Tone, Night Shift, and Haptic Touch.
If a service provider uses nongenuine display parts, the following might also occur:
- Multi-Touch might not respond on parts of the screen
- Degraded Multi-Touch performance, such as missed screen touches or touches not registering in the right location
- Touches might unexpectedly register during a phone call
- Display might not turn off during phone calls
- Accidental edge or palm touches might register
Display brightness and color issues
- True Tone display doesn’t function correctly
- Lost or degraded function of the ambient light sensor, causing the screen to dim or brighten incorrectly
- Incorrect display color calibration, such as the display to appearing too yellow or blue
- Display isn’t uniformly bright
- Lower maximum brightness
- Unintentional battery drain
* Independent Repair Providers offer out-of-warranty repair service for iPhone and Mac. They have access to Apple genuine parts, tools, training, service guides, diagnostics, and resources.